This placement aims to develop the expertise of teachers from Europe in teaching pupils making lesser progress than their peers. It is derived from our experience of participating in international projects, including Erasmus+. Typically participants stay with us for two weeks, arriving on the Monday and departing the following Friday. This means that they also have the opportunity to spend some of their free time at the weekend visiting central London.Â Opportunities are limited to one each term. We accept two applicants on each occasion.
We can tailor each placement to meet your needs depending on the number of days you wish to visit and the type of experience you would like to have. This could range from a few days to two weeks.Â A typical two week placement costs â‚¬1000, with shorter visits being charged pro-rata.
A combination of classroom experience (either generally or in a particular curricular area) alongside workshops, discussions and visits is popular. Alternatively you could choose to focus exclusively on either area. The overall package is agreed through discussion, once an application has been received. The section below lists the opportunities currently available.
Experience classroom practice – an opportunity to support teaching:
Explore a specific subject in the classroom:
- Creative Arts
Focus on an additional learning theme:
- Personal and Social Development
- Vocational Education
- Independent Living Skills
- Discuss the curriculum with a subject leader
Workshops, discussions and visits:
Leading the way forward:
- Teaching, Learning and Planning
- Improving Outcomes – Professional Development
- Using Date to demonstrate progress
- Positive Behaviour Management
- Safeguarding and welfare
- An understanding of special educational needs
- Speech and Language support in school
- Communication – Makaton signing and using symbols
- Working with pupils on the autistic spectrum
Experience a visit to a local Primary or Secondary school
To support your stay in London we offer this additional package:
- Oyster card arranged with Â£5 credit
- Hotel accommodation arranged
- Valuable cultural and visitor information provided to suit your tastes
Shopping; Museums and Galleries (often free); Eating out; Nightlife in London; Major tourist attractions
Cost – â‚¬65 per delegate
Airport transfers can be pre-booked for you by us using reliable, local taxi services.