Woodfield School is¬†set up and recognised as acting as an Appropriate¬†Body for NQT induction.
We will welcome any local school who wishes to use our service. Woodfield TSA uses¬†a¬†web-based platform to enable¬†the approving process.¬† The places are to be filled on a first-come first-served basis. The cost¬†for each Newly Qualified Teacher is ¬£330.
The Appropriate Body Service will be providing a professional service, which will include:
- Register and monitor NQTs progress via on-line database system ‚ÄúNQT Manager-¬†https://woodfield.nqtmanager.com¬†- and report to the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- Statutory induction for NQTs
- Statutory training for Induction Tutors
- Advice and guidance given where NQTs are at risk of failure and support provided where necessary
- Advice and guidance provided on the Induction of NQTs for Headteachers / Principals, Governors, Induction Tutors and NQTs
- Quality assurance of assessment forms, against the Teacher‚Äôs Standards
- Daily support for Headteachers /Principals and Induction Tutors
Contact¬†firstname.lastname@example.org¬†for further details.
NQT Induction Terms and Conditions
By agreeing to act as the Appropriate Body, Woodfield School requires schools to abide by the relevant regulations and the statutory guidance on induction for Newly Qualified Teachers (England) which is underpinned by the following statutory provisions: sections 135A, 135B and 141C(1)(b) of the Education Act 2002, and the Education (Induction Arrangements for School Teachers) (England) Regulations 2012. When NQTs are registered on NQT Manager, Woodfield School automatically assumes the role of Appropriate Body for the purpose of NQT Induction. Appropriate Body charges will thus apply. Schools will use the data management and reporting system NQT Manager for registering NQTs and submitting termly reports. Failure to do so may incur an additional administration charge. Reports must be submitted by the due date as stated by Woodfield Appropriate Body. If an NQT leaves the school during the second half of an induction period, a charge of 1 term will apply . Where induction is extended, additional Appropriate Body fees will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Visits by the Woodfield School NQT Induction Coordinator in an Appropriate Body capacity to help moderate judgements where an NQT may not be meeting the Teachers‚Äô Standards will be charged if more than one visit is necessary .